Friday, March 4, 2011

Baby numero dos!!

Psalm 139:
 1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain.
 7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
   Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
   your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
   and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
   the night will shine like the day,
   for darkness is as light to you.
 13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.
 19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
   Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
   your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD,
   and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
   I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
   test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
 
   and lead me in the way everlasting.   

                          Little did Roy know his break would consist of find out he has another  baby on the way!!

       Luciana is now in bed for the night and I am sitting here just fathoming what God has for our family! Words can't describe the excitement He's placed in my heart!!! As most everyone knows by now (thank you facebook) Roy and I will be having another baby. God has allowed us once again to have this privilege of parenting a little human that He is knitting together as we speak!! God know's everything about this little person even now, even before birth. Shoot, He knew this sweet human being would be on it's way far before the pregnancy test! Although the typical New Yorker these days would think this to be insanity; 1.a young couple first of all married before finishing school, 2, second of all parenting 1 baby before starting our career, 3. and thirdly being pregnant with baby number two when we are at last finishing school! 
            What? and Why? Well, we believe life to be a gift that is soo sweet and soo pure. God Himself came and died for His creation. This tells Roy and I that life must definitely than have worth. God has made it clear to us that He wants us to parent. Having Luciana has been such a gift and has taught us so much about God as a father. The love we have been given from Jesus is the number one thing that we wish to give to our kids. Looking around in society today, we see people with  brand new houses and cars, high paying jobs, even retirement plans in place and THEN they are ready for kids. Why is this? Are materials going to sustain their children? Will new clothes and toys impact these kids for eternity? Will a mommy and daddy that are settled into a 6am-6pm job everyday make a joyful child? Will a child that grows up with a new toy whenever they want it REALLY grow up to have everything they ever needed?
           What will they value? A stressful job that gives them lots of money so that they can pay for a fat mortgage? The newest outfit to fit in with the most popular group at school to look down on the most unpopular kids in school. 
          Anyway, enough rambling. My point is that although the world says we aren't "ready", God says we are. Jesus fills our hearts and we know that nothing else can bring contentment like Him. God has given us healthy body's and souls to raise kids.What a blessing! If we could teach her how much God loves her and how much of a purpose He can give her life, we have done our jobs. If Roy and I can love each other how God wants Luciana's husband to love her, we have done our job. If we can show her how much more important it is to look to Jesus for provision than it is to look to her huge bank account we believe Jesus would be proud.

            Baby D is already "fearfully wonderful" according to Psalm 139. The baby is literally in God's presence being formed in secret. The baby's days are already written and fashioned together before the baby is even born! This baby has so much purpose and he_she will know it. The baby will know that God's thoughts toward them are so precious and great. This is our goal above all else.        We do ask for prayer as we will be moving and we are seeking out the next job God already has in line for Roy. We pray that we could have discernment to see clearly where God wants us. Pray for a healthy pregnancy also. Thanks for taking part in this excitement with us and taking time to read this note.
    Luciana thought she would point to the test in case you were too busy looking at her! haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment